intel i810 and XVideo BLITTER/TEXTURE (NOT overlay)

leon zadorin leonleon77 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 23:37:59 PST 2007

On 1/3/07, Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 15:53 +1000, leon zadorin wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > just would like to know if there are any intel drivers for X which
> > would support Xvideo blitter/texture adaptors.
>
> This is the default for the modesetting branch; the overlay is now the
> second one in the list.

Cool - that's really great news!

Pardon my stupidity - is it expected (i.e. by design) for modesetting
branch of the driver to run on Xorg 6.9, or are versions 7 and later
are the only supposed candidates? Also, as far as the non-modesetting
branch goes (i.e. traditional i810 drivers) - no blitter/texture
adaptors i presume?

leon.