Intel i915GM with SDVO CH7021A support?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Jan 3 15:21:05 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 22:56 +0000, Will . wrote:

> Am I free to do this any way I like, e.g. how to implement the overscan,
> contrast, width settings, how well does it need to work to be useful, how to
> support multiple outputs, etc etc  It'd be quite nice to present some of
> these features in a way that's adjustable within X, but perhaps that isn't
> appropriate?

The plan for all of these is to use the new RandR 1.2 output properties
to control things. We can add a general mechanism in the config file to
modify these properties as well. We haven't added any yet though, so it
may be rather unclear as to how it should work. I'm hoping to get a
chance to add backlight brightness and LVDS scaling controls as an
example of how these should work.

> Presumably it has to be presented in a way which will not affect any
> existing functionality?

Right, we need an extra communication channel, which output properties
are supposed to provide.

> I'd like to contribute something but I don't know what model to follow, also
> I do still want support for the features I'm after myself. Perhaps I can get
> listed as a contributor if I do a good job :)

Of course you'll be listed as a contributor; as soon as we commit a
patch, you're name ends up in the repository forever. You can never
escape.

keith.packard at intel.com