S-Video

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Jan 3 07:24:29 PST 2007

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 06:03:20PM -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 03:28 +0200, nekr0z wrote:
> > Is there a way to get my S-Video outlet working comfortably?
>
> It all depends on which video chip you are using. Lacking this
> information, it's hard to help...

For what it's worth, yeah, lots of MythTV users use ATI or Nvidia cards
with S-Video outputs to watch TV from their boxen, and it works just
fine (for suitable values of 'fine'); ours is Xfree 4.3.99 with ATI
drivers on an R9200SE based clone board.  We're using the fglrx kernel
module 8.10.19.

We combine the signal to composite, because the TV doesn't have an
S-Video input, but it works fine too when we feed it into the
DVD-recorder, which *does* have such an input.

What problem, precisely, are you having?

You might check the archives of the mythtv-users mailing list for more
on this...

Cheers,
- jra