how to trace the code of Xorg from the application

LongdaFeng at viatech.com.cn LongdaFeng at viatech.com.cn
Wed Feb 28 01:18:06 PST 2007

Hi everyone:

         First, any advice is appreciated!

         Recently, I run doom3-demo, it failed on the function
XextAddDisplay which is in libXext.so.6(it lie in the xc/lib/Xext), I
use gdb&ddd on two pc,

         I can add breakpoint in the function XextAddDisplay ,but the
ddd can't debug the function of XextAddDisplay

         Addition: I run on Xorg6.9, the host.def is as attachment . I
build the Xorg with -g flag in the host.def

#define DefaultGcc2i386Opt   -O0 -g0 -march=pentium3 -pipe

       #define MakeDllModules YES

         It seems the libXext.so.6 is a release version, so how to make
it become debug version

         I open program and attach doom.x86 in the ddd,

         THANK YOU VERY MUCH, any advice is appreciated!!!!

Best regards

Longda Feng