[i810] MergedFB and out of range signal 7.1.1

Ryan crumley at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 20:27:01 PST 2007

I am trying to get an external lcd connected to my laptop to work
using mergefb. My internal laptop lcd and external lcd both display
1680x1050 at similar refresh rates so I thought it would be easy
however my external lcd will not display the signal due to "Out of
range signal, change computer display input to 1680x1050 @ 60Hz". It
occured to me that perhaps i needed to configure the hsync and vsync
for the merged display however I have been unable to find any
documentation related to the mergefb settings available in this
driver.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Attached is my xorg.conf
and log file.

Thanks,
Ryan