cannot get xorg 2d drivers to compile!

Sat Feb 24 14:50:29 PST 2007

I just upgraded my kernel to version 2.6.20.1. My X is the same as it
was when I installed slack 10.2 which is 6.8.2.i486-3

My video card is an i915M. The kernel doesn't have out of the box
support for that though so I'm trying to compile the ones from
intellinuxgraphics.com and other sources. None of them ever compile,
saying I do not have the latest kernel modules (which is why I decided
to installed 2.6.20.1 over my 2.6.18). But alas the problems still exist...

Is this a certain magical way I'm supposed to build the kernel? Songs or
rituals? There HAS to be a way to get the provided drivers from intel
working. I'm all ears for suggestions. I'd rather not install a new X if
I don't have to.

I get errors during the ./configure stage when trying to install the
"xorg 2d driver" from the previously mentioned site. Here is a paste of it:

./configure: line 20569: syntax error near unexpected token `XINERAMA,'
./configure: line 20569: `XORG_DRIVER_CHECK_EXT(XINERAMA, xineramaproto)'

Any help is appreciated.

 - Kevin