Working on the xf86-input-joystick driver

Sascha Hlusiak saschahlusiak at arcor.de
Sat Feb 24 06:27:28 PST 2007

Hello,

As I see from the maintainers list, the xf86-input-joystick driver is
currently unmaintained; The original copyright is from Frederic Lepied.

The current driver (version 1.1.0) does not work at all and lacks a lot
of features. I don't have a joystick at hand right now, but do joysticks
work completely as an input device using the xf86-input-evdev driver? Is
there work going on for the xf86-input-joystick driver, is it needed at
all or is it obsolete?

I would like to make the joystick driver work, to improve it, to add
more features, to make it more configurable, add a man page then and I
would maintain it for a while.

Does it make sense?

Thanks and greetings,
Sascha Hlusiak