bugs.freedesktop.org

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Feb 23 12:02:15 PST 2007

On Friday 23 February 2007, Daniel Stone wrote:

> Not to mention your obnoxious copyright
>statement, which theoretically won't let us put your message in the
>archives.
>
>Cheers,
>Daniel

Daniel, please note that this copyright ONLY applies to those portions of
the message that originated from my ancient mind driving these equally
ancient fingers.

It has been there ever since AOL/TW tried to claim copyright over every
message their network carries, about 3.5-4 years now IIRC, and I'll not
be modifying it without very good reason till they (and now Yahoo too)
modify their terms of service giving the implicit copyright back to the
owner of that portion of the messages contents.  It really is that
simple.  I don't personally care where, or how, what I write is archived
and never have, but I'll not have someone taking an idea I express in one
of these messages and go try to make his million from it.  That did
happen once, but the medium of transmission wasn't email and it was
probably a couple of decades before you were born.  I'm in my 7th decade
now, and still playing with electronics, I get paid fairly well for what
I do, broadcast engineering.  Unforch, I chose to live in small town
america for lost of good reasons.  I do not enjoy living in 10k
population plus locations.  Here, its no big deal if we forget to lock
the front door when we go to bed. :)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)