Determing Display PCI Device ID

James Milne james.milne at mac.com
Tue Feb 20 05:32:47 PST 2007

Is there an API for programmatically determining the PCI Vendor and
Device ID of a given X display?

I want to use these IDs to search through a table of known good GL
functionality (for example, floating point texture filtering), where the
availablility of the functionality is not otherwise exposed through the
GL extensions string.

I'm not interested in processing the output of scanpci or lspci. I'd
also like this code to work in the situation where there are multiple
graphics card in a system, so I'd like to map each X Display to a
specific PCI device/vendor ID.

Any suggestions?

--
Kind regards,