Radeon9000 pro on PPC, Xorg-7.1.1: flickering red channel

Roland Scheidegger sroland at tungstengraphics.com
Mon Feb 19 14:20:32 PST 2007

Giuliano Pochini wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 08:00:00 +0100
> Michel Dänzer <michel at tungstengraphics.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 2007-02-17 at 21:27 +0100, Giuliano Pochini wrote:
>>> I'm using Xorg-7.1.1 with xf86-video-ati-6.6.3. Pixels have a flickering red
>>> channel. [...]
>> Does (not) using Option "UseFBDev" make any difference? If not, please
>> provide the full config and log files.
>
> No, it doesn't. Attached are xorg.conf and xorg.log.
>
> I already tried to disable some parts of the driver on order to make the two
> outputs equal, but it still made no difference. It was a blind attempt,
> because I have no documentation on the hardware.
These look fairly equal to me as far as interesting registers are concerned?
I'd guess for some reason the tmds transmitter gets misprogrammed (or
does this happen with vga connection too?) Maybe writing a register at
the wrong time or something. Could you try git head of the driver? There
were some significant changes wrt to output initialization, it may make
a difference who knows.

Roland