Window size and screen resolution

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Feb 19 02:57:55 PST 2007

Dominique Michel wrote:
> DevilsPie didn't do what I want. I want to be able to start a program at
> double size, but not with the geometry option but as if the window and all
> its content was zoomed in. And it is not with DevilsPie or by selecting bigger
> fonts as Glynn suggested at I can do that.

I think the only way to do this would be with a fancy composition
manager. Metisse, Compiz or Beryl may be able to do such things if
suitibly modified. I know Beryl can do input enabled zooming (not sure
if Compiz can ATM tho'), but even this is not what you need ATM. I can't
remember from watching the videos of Metisse, but I think it can
probably do something similar to what you want.

Still seems like a hammer to crack a walnut. I'm sure if you get your
fonts right, it would be the better solution.

Col.