Function Keys

Markus Luckey xorg at code-resource.de
Sun Feb 18 08:05:59 PST 2007

Hi,

I have some trouble with my function keys (FN+XF86AudioLowerVolume, ...).
They are well detected and generate keycodes (170/174), but once pressed, they
do not stop to repeat the generation of the keycodes (pressed, released,
pressed, released, ...).

I have an Amilo L1300 Notebook, runing debian with xorg 7.1.

-- snip xorg.conf --

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "kbd"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "inet"
        #Option         "XkbModel"      "pc105"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "de"
        #Option         "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"
        Option          "XkbOptions"    "lv3:ralt_switch"
EndSection

-- snip xorg.conf --

I did try many other configurations (models, layouts, etc..) but this did not
change anything besides that sometimes I could not use the buttons at all.
Surprisingly I threw in a kubuntu (6.10) disk, booted it and was dazzled by
functioning Fn keys.. I did copy all their configuration, but had no success.

Has anyone an idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot,
best regards,

Markus