On future releases

Eamon Walsh ewalsh at tycho.nsa.gov
Fri Feb 16 15:22:29 PST 2007

Daniel Stone wrote:

>   * xserver's master branch released as 1.4.0 in the future (where we
>     all have flying cars).  XACE is almost done;

Not sure if it's almost done just yet.  XACE itself is essentially ready
as shipped in 1.2.0, barring future removal/addition of individual
hooks.  I'm working on:

* consolidate resource lookup API (some already in master, but will keep
the rest on the XACE-SELINUX branch until an API breakpoint is announced).
* devPrivates rework.
* do something about /usr/lib/xserver/SecurityPolicy
* do something about XC-QUERY-SECURITY auth method
* loadable module authorization methods
* XSELINUX extension
* documentation

These will go into XACE-SELINUX branch until nomination/review/merge
time.  However I'm a little confused about the ABI/API breakage
schedule.  Which upcoming releases have restrictions on breaking ABI?
Breaking API?

--
Eamon Walsh <ewalsh at tycho.nsa.gov>
National Security Agency