xf86-video-intel LVDS fixes

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at maven.pl
Tue Feb 13 23:37:15 PST 2007

On Tuesday 13 of February 2007, Eric Anholt wrote:
> I've just pushed a change to avoid using the BIOS tables for mode
> setting on the LVDS in xf86-video-intel whenever possible.  I'm hoping
> this resolves many of the various LVDS issues reported, automatically,
> with no configuration necessary.  So, if you've had any trouble with
> laptop panels with the modesetting branch, please retest with the latest
> code and update your bug reports.

My friend has acer notebook with:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82852/855GM Integrated
Graphics Device (rev 02)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation 82852/855GM Integrated Graphics
Device (rev 02)

and he was testing intel driver from git (week old snapshot and yesterdays
one).

Description below was seen on yesterdays git.

Resolution with intel driver is set nicely, everything is drawn properly but
the lcd flickers (almost unnoticeable but very annoying). Also it feels
slower (mouse, moving windows etc). Any magic options that could change
behaviour?

Resolution switching using xrandr -s X seems to work, is sees such modes:
$ xrandr
SZ:    Pixels          Physical       Refresh
*0   1280 x 800    ( 332mm x 212mm )  *60
1   1024 x 768    ( 332mm x 212mm )   60
2    800 x 600    ( 332mm x 212mm )   60
3    640 x 480    ( 332mm x 212mm )   60
Current rotation - normal
Current reflection - none
Rotations possible - normal left inverted right
Reflections possible - none

Log from intel driver from yesterday git:
http://ep09.pld-linux.org/~arekm/intel/Xorg.0.log

Log from i810 driver  + 855resolution app:
http://ep09.pld-linux.org/~arekm/intel/Xorg.0.log.old

Used xorg.conf:
http://ep09.pld-linux.org/~arekm/intel/xorg.conf

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz        PLD/Linux Team