input transformations

Ori Bernstein rand_chars at rogers.com
Tue Feb 6 16:25:49 PST 2007

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 18:26:13 -0500, David Reveman <davidr at novell.com> said:

> I spent some time this week trying to add support for input
> transformations to the server. I tried a few different approaches. The
> patches I've attached are what's currently working best for me.
>
> In this approach I allow every window to have it's own root window
> coordinate space. A window's root window coordinate space is affected by
> all it's ancestors. Composite clients can set a triangular mesh that
> maps root window coordinates from a composite window to one of its
> redirected child-windows. Event coordinates are generated in the event
> windows root coordinate space.

Can the mesh elements overlap within the input coordinate space?
For example, just say I have a window that's 800x600 at (0,0) and I want to
display and interact with a zoomed fragment from the middle of it (think
interactive screen magnifier, or something similar)

This means I'd want to have the input at (for example) a 400x400 area at
(1000,0) as well as the regular window location.

(side note - Sorry if I'm being incoherent, today is just a very braindead day
for me =/)

--
What good is a ticket to the good life, if you can't find the entrance?