input transformations

Deron Johnson Deron.Johnson at Sun.COM
Tue Feb 6 11:36:01 PST 2007

David Reveman wrote:

I'm having trouble understanding this terminology.

>In this approach I allow every window to have it's own root window
>coordinate space.

In the X server, "root window coordinate space" means something very
specific.
It means the coordinate space of the WindowTable[pScreen->myNum] window,
or, the root window. Saying that each window has its own root window
coordinate
space is going to get confusing. Is there some other term you can use?

And, is the coordinate space a 2D or 3D frame of reference?

> A window's root window coordinate space is affected by
>all it's ancestors.

How do these ancestors affect the coordinate space? Are their transforms
concatenated?

> Composite clients can set a triangular mesh that
>maps root window coordinates from a composite window to one of its
>redirected child-windows.

Specifically how is the triangular mesh used to map the coordinates?
What is the algorithm?