input transformations

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Feb 6 05:48:07 PST 2007

Xavier Bestel wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 18:06 -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
>> On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 20:04 -0500, David Reveman wrote:
>>> Non-contiguous windows are important so I wouldn't want an
>>> implementation that didn't support that. It didn't add any complexity to
>>> support it in my implementation but I can't be 100% sure of that yet as
>>> it's not fully complete though.
>> Yeah, I can't imagine that will be all that complicated. How about the
>> ability to map from multiple representations of the same window?
>
>>From the look of it Mandriva's X server has that too.

Not sure what you are saying here as this whole thread, while very
interesting to read, is completely over my head.

I will say that in Mandriva, our X server is just the stock 1.2 release
albeit with a couple of patches to make it behave better with
compiz/beryl etc. (that is for cooker, for 2007.0, we are using 1.1.1)

Col.