Xorg at Fosdem 2007 : Call for Participation

Stephane Marchesin marchesin at icps.u-strasbg.fr
Mon Feb 5 09:51:09 PST 2007

Hello,

As you may already know, Fosdem 2007 (http://fosdem.org/2007/) will take
place the 24th and 25th February 2007 in Brussels, Belgium. One of the rooms
is reserved for Xorg talks (http://wiki.x.org/wiki/fosdem2007). So, we have
the room, the thing is, we now need a couple of talks (or we could just sit
there and play darts).

If you're interested in doing a talk, send me an email with your talk
description. I need a title, an author, and a small abstract. For example :

Title : Nouveau : What's new ?
Author : Stephane Marchesin
Abstract : In this talk, I will first introduce the nouveau project quickly.
This project aims at improving the quality of open source drivers for nvidia
cards. Targetted features include 3D, dual head support, better 2D/Xv
support, deobfuscating the code, and much more. I will introduce the
project, talk about past developments, and  try to peek at my crystal ball
for future works.

Here are some potential topics (from the XDC wiki page, and others I can
think of) :
- Security in Xorg
- Highlights from XDevConf 2007
- Bridging Xorg with the toolkit people, what do toolkits expect from X ?
- (Auto)-configuration
- Open Source drivers vs Vista-certified
- Display Port / HDMI / replacing VGA/DVI
- 7.2 , 7.3 Roadmap
- Status report from driver devs about ongoing improvements
- Porting Xorg to $DEVICE
- Beryl/Compiz and other Xorg sexyness
- The TTM memory manager, how it works, how to port drivers to it (this one
I'm very interested in :)
- Anything you feel appropriate, really :)

Notice that the deadline for inclusion of your talk title/description in the
Fosdem brochure is the end of this week.

Looking forward to see you in Brussels !
Stephane

PS: may I suggest that the beer event in itself makes the trip worthwile :)
http://fosdem.org/2007/beerevent