New xorg keysyms.

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun Feb 4 12:45:07 PST 2007

On Sun, 2007-02-04 at 13:15 -0500, Zephaniah E. Hull wrote:

> > > +/* the next set define "views" of your environment */
> > > +
> > > +#define XorgXK_ViewSource   0x10090009  /* view of source of the "activity" or appl. */
> > > +#define XorgXK_ViewActivity 0x10090010	/* view of your current "activity" or appl. */
> > > +#define XorgXK_ViewHome     0x10090011	/* view of your personal environment */
> > > +#define XorgXK_ViewFriends  0x10090012  /* view of friends */
> > > +#define XorgXK_ViewMesh     0x10090013  /* view of people "near" you in the mesh */
> >
> > NAK: These don't appear to be at all useful outside of OLPC.
>
> Moved to olpckeysym.h

Agree; these are related to the OLPC environment and should be tagged
with the OLPC vendor code.

> > Hrngh.  People probably aren't going to listen for these; is there any
> > chance your driver could establish the current state and send
> > brightness/volume up/down as appropriate, rather than these fixed
> > levels?  (NAK.)

Disagree -- these functions are not at all related to the OLPC product
and have well defined meaning outside the OLPC scope. Yes, other
keyboards don't provide all of them, but that should not be the standard
we use here. I can trivially hook any of these up to suitable commands
within the Gnome environment, given suitable standard names.

keith.packard at intel.com