Is any work being done on redirection of requests

Graeme Gill graeme2 at argyllcms.com
Sun Feb 4 07:12:41 PST 2007

Dan Oscarsson wrote:
> Today my two most annoying things in user interaction under X Window
> System is keyboard focus stealing and not being able to block/move/get
> rid of som of the override-redirect windows may programs through up in
> the way.

If you're going to do that, keep in mind that some applications do
need to actually override the window manager, or at least have a way of
telling it that the whole applications purpose will be wasted and results
have to be discarded if a particular window doesn't appear at the top
(such as when an instrument is attached, for calibrating or profiling
a display). It's rather a nuisance that there's no standard way of telling
screensavers this for instance.

Graeme Gill.