Unable to fetch git from git scripts...

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 23:59:26 PST 2007

On 2/3/07, Forever Kid <foreverkid3 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Wow that was fast, thanks!
>
> Yep that did it.   I didn't even think of that.  I am using ubuntu and it uses the gnome-terminal.
>
> Using:
> bash ./git_xorg.sh
> ...did the trick.
>
> I should probably just use bash anyways.

Actually, gnome-terminal is just the terminal emulator. I think Ubuntu
uses dash as the sh symlink. The real solution is that people who
write shell scripts with "#!/bin/sh" should actually make them
conformant to a POSIX sh. Or, they should just put /bin/bash there if
that's what they want. But I agree with you that you should use bash.
It's a great shell :)

> Thanks much,
> Graham

You're welcome.