Reminder to vote for Foundation Board

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Sat Dec 29 14:02:50 PST 2007

On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 01:11:47PM -0800, Barton C Massey wrote:
> This is just a gentle reminder to X.Org Foundation members
> that there are about 2 days left to vote in the current
> X.Org Foundation Board election.  Please visit
> http://members.x.org to vote.  I've attached the previous
> election announcement.

This is all rather awkward timing. Is there a statutary reason for
ending the election in 2007?

I can imagine that a lot of people will be in places without access to
the interweb, or that there are people who do not check (for
instance) their work email during this period. Those people will be
rather surprised to find these election emails in their mailbox on
january 2nd, or even worse, january 7th, this no matter how many
reminders they get sent.

To be honest, i didn't find the reasons for delaying the nomination
process that important, certainly not important enough for staging the
actual elections at the most awkward time of year.

Maybe the election period should be extended by a week?

Luc Verhaegen.
SUSE/Novell X Driver Developer.