Moving windows with x2x + X Server 1.4.99.2

Adam K Kirchhoff adamk at voicenet.com
Sat Dec 29 07:11:28 PST 2007

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 07:43:04 -0500
Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk at voicenet.com> wrote:

> On Saturday 29 December 2007 01:07:48 Peter Hutterer wrote:
> > Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
> > > Now that the new x server (1.4.99.2, built from git yesterday) is
> > > being used, I can't move any windows on it unless it's running
> > > compiz (I've tried xfwm4 and kwin). I can grab the titlebar and
> > > drag, and the mouse cursor changes like it's moving the window,
> > > but the window doesn't move.
> >
> > does the cursor move at all? it could be a grab issue and/or an
> > issue with the XTEST code.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >    Peter
>
> Yes, the cursor definitely moves, but the window doesn't move (or
> resize, for that matter) with it.

Oddly enough, it works with metacity in addition to compiz.  With
compiz, moving windows is quite smooth, and you can see the window
while it moves.  With metacity, the window doesn't move till I actually
stop moving the mouse (though I don't need to release the mouse
button...  I can drag, stop, and the window moves, and then drag again,
stop, and the window moves).  I've tested as well on my laptop (first
generation radeon mobility), and see the same problem.  Of course, as
soon as I use the touchpad (or USB mouse) to move the windows in
metacity, it goes back to showing the content of the windows as I move
them.

Adam