Kdrive - touchscreen - long touch == button 3?

Harald Radke harryrat at postnuklear.de
Sat Dec 29 02:00:57 PST 2007

On Saturday 29 December 2007 07:21:24 Peter Hutterer wrote:
> Harald Radke wrote:
> > hm, I guess I will rather patch kdrive to support it since it makes more
> > sense to implement this low level than doin this over and over again for
> > every GUI toolkit, just as it is for emulate 3 buttons for mouse
>
> I disagree. Patching this in the server means putting interaction
> techniques into the server
sorry, I don't get the point here

> This also means that if for some reason my
> app needs long touch to do, well, whatever, I can't do it because the
> server prohibits it.
well, of course  such a behaviour can/should be tied to a command line option,
to be disabled by default, only be activated by the user if it makes sense
for him in his situation...The thing is, you want to be able to have the
possibilty to use a certain (example) app, while I want to be able to use 70%
of the X applications, which mostly requires to have a right mouse button...
(ok that was a wild guess, but u know what I mean *g*)

Harry