xf86-video-intel does not detect tv-out

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sun Dec 23 04:39:46 PST 2007

Hi all,

I tired to connect a TV to my notebook yesterday. It's a Toshib Satellite L10
with Intel 852GM. Using the latest intel driver xrandr does not even detect a
TV output:

> Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1024 x 768, maximum 1024 x 1024
> VGA disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
> LVDS connected 1024x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
> 304mm x 228mm 1024x768       61.3*+   60.0
>    800x600        60.3
>    640x480        59.9
> TMDS disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

VGA and LVDS is working well. But there is no TV; on the other hand a TMDS
(DVI?) is detected which is not really there.

Something like "xrandr --verbose --output TV" just does nothing. I have also
tried the old i810 driver. It does not detect the TV either but one
could "repair" this by setting the option "DevicePresence" (which is not
known by the new driver anymore). But I would like to use the new one because
of xrandr 1.2 and PAL support. i810 only produces a corrupted greyscale
picture.

I am using the following package versions:

> kernel26 2.6.23.12-3
> xf86-video-intel 2.2.0-1
> xorg-server 1.4.0.90-2

I have also uploaded some interestring logfiles like xorg.log, dmesg etc.:
http://users.archlinux.de/~pierre/tmp/xf86-video-intel+tv/

Do you have any idea who I could get this working? It does not seem to be a
hardware problem; i810 partially works and of course windows does not have
any problems :-(.

Pierre

--
http://www.archlinux.de