Election of X.Org Foundation Board Members is now open

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Fri Dec 21 12:36:22 PST 2007

I am happy to announce that the election for year 2008
positions on the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors is now
officially open, and will remain open through 11:59 UTC
Monday, December 31 2007.  Only current X.Org Foundation
Members in good standing are permitted to vote in this
election; all such Members are encouraged to do so.

You can vote by logging into https://members.x.org and
selecting the button marked "cast" in the middle of the
page.  (If you don't see the "cast" button, try the "Ballot"
button up top first.)  Once a ballot is presented to you,
you will be asked to rank the six candidates in the order 1
(most preferred) to 6 (least preferred).  You do not have to
place all six votes. You may select a given ranking only
once (e.g., only place one vote of '2').  When you then
press the vote button, your vote will then be permanently
recorded---no change to a recorded ballot will be permitted.

I would strongly urge you to complete your voting a few days
before the election deadline if at all possible.  It's the
holidays, so responses to problems may take a little longer.
If you have any problem voting, please send email to
elections at x.org with a copy to me, bart at cs.pdx.edu, as
soon as possible so that we can try to resolve the
difficulty.

There are six candidates for four positions this time
around.  I have attached information about each candidate,
listing them in alphabetical order since that is the order
in which they appear on the ballot.  For each candidate, I
have given their name, the "X.Org Member statement"
indicating their involvement in X.Org and the X Window
System, and the "Candidate statement" indicating their
platform as a Board Member of the X.Org Foundation.

If you have further questions for the candidates, please ask
them on the members at x.org email list so that others can
benefit from the responses.

Thank you for your support of the X.Org Foundation and its
work with the X Window System.

    Sincerely,

    Bart Massey
    Election Committee