3d hardware acceleration in 945GM chipset - is there any?

Dan Naughton daniel.naughton at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 10:30:44 PST 2007

I think I have a line on what's screwing up dri.  You were correct -
something was hanging on to it.  I shut the computer off (in
frustration) and when it powered back up, dri was working.  So I ran
the "tremulous test program" and the Xserver hung.  Ctrl-alt-backspace
to kill it.  Then when I restarted the xserver, dri was gone.  The
lsof command found what grabbed it.  So I think I got it.

I'll have to try a few things.  Getting fullscreen apps to run in
multihead mode with dri looks like it gonna take a little more
monkeying around.  But at least the hardware is working.  So far, the
945GM chip looks like it can do pretty cool things.

Thanks all!

# /usr/sbin/lsof /dev/dri/card0
COMMAND    PID    USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE  NODE NAME
tremulous 3193 testguy  mem    CHR  226,0      19459 /dev/dri/card0
tremulous 3193 testguy   15u   CHR  226,0      19459 /dev/dri/card0
# ps aux | grep trem
testguy   3193  111  6.7 256012 69232 ?        Sl   13:39   4:28 tremulous
root      3505  0.0  0.0   4044   664 pts/1    R+   13:43   0:00 grep trem