Problem with intel driver on laptop with 945GM chipset

Maciej Łoziński maciej.lozinski at impessa.com
Wed Dec 19 08:34:12 PST 2007

Hello all.

I have a problem with setting up "intel" driver properly on my laptop.
I'm using:
Compaq nx7400 (EY611EA#AKD) laptop,
945GM chipset,
GMA 950 graphics,
Debian testing with kernel 2.6.22,
xorg 7.2,
Xfce 4.1,
intel driver module version 2.2.0

The problem is that when I enable "intel" driver instead of "vesa" which
was auto-detected during installation, and restart X, colors on my
screen start to appear very strange, while in vesa they look ok. See how
it looks like:
http://picasaweb.google.com/loziniak/BrokenColorsInX

I was searching google, mailing list archives, wikis, bug reports, but
found no solution to this problem. Here is some information that could
be useful to you, I'm not xorg hacker so these logs don't clear anything
to me:

Xorg.0.log (intel):
http://pastebin.com/m42ea768d

Xorg.0.log (vesa):
http://pastebin.com/m59a84ee5

xorg.conf:
http://rafb.net/p/DlCU6C43.html

Do you have any ideas what could be done with it?

thanks in advance
Maciek