Adding xinput to apps

pcpa at mandriva.com.br pcpa at mandriva.com.br
Tue Dec 18 21:06:12 PST 2007

> Unless anyone opposes I will add the xinput tool to the suite of apps
> tomorrow.

  Can you post a git url for dummies? :-) Otherwise I can wait until
tomorrow if it will go to xorg/apps.

  I have basically nil knowledge about the internals of xinput, but
I have interest on knowing it is working, so I want at least to
see what is being worked on :-)

> I tried contacting Frederic Lepied, the original author with no success.
> I since created a git repository in my personal directory [0],
> autotooled the lot and applied a few patches.

  I left Conectiva before the merge with Mandrake, and came back a few
month ago, I can at least try to check if someone knows if he is still
on earth...

> Most of the stuff I did with it was mpx related but I cherry-picked most
> of it back to the master branch. (some of the ordering got mixed up, but
> the current state of master is ok)
>
> Philip Langdale stepped up to maintain it. [1] Philip, are you still up
> for it? If not, I can do it.
>
> Cheers,
>   Peter
>
> [0] git://people.freedesktop.org/~whot/xinput.git
> [1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2007-October/029744.html

Paulo