interlace modes support for intel driver

Krzysztof Halasa khc at pm.waw.pl
Sun Dec 16 15:50:22 PST 2007

Beat Kneubuehl <beat.kneubuehl at rega-sense.ch> writes:

> I know that the hardware (G33) is perfectly able to do 1080i with my TV,
> because it works with the Windows driver,

I guess G33 doesn't have 2D video overlay and always uses textured
overlay?

Interlaced mode support is not a real problem here, I have a patch
which generally works (though may need some additional, probably
trivial work, and I tested only PAL 576i).

The problem is the lack of frame synchronization between the program
(X client) and the Xserver/hardware.

Is it now possible to have frame synchronization, using textured Xv?
I mean, Xserver switching active video frames on vertical retrace
or something like that.

> I think it might be a valuable feature to support interlace modes,
> because lot's of TV screens are floating around which are not 1080p
> capable,  and even when they support 1080p, it might be easier to let
> the TV screen to the deinterlacing work and send him a 1080i signal.

Right.
--
Krzysztof Halasa