xcalloc called from signal handler

Matthieu Herrb matthieu.herrb at laas.fr
Sun Dec 16 12:05:01 PST 2007

Hi,

As far as I know the malloc() family of function is not async-signal
safe on most of the systems that X.Org supports (including Linux,
Solaris and *BSD).

Unfortunalty the xserver 1.4 new Xinput code calls xcalloc() in
functions that are called by the SIGIO handler. This has been identified
as the cause of many X server segfaults on OpenBSD, and will probably
also cause random problems on other systems.

Unfortunatly I don't really know enough about Xinput to provide a proper
fix. The patch I'm attaching here is just a ugly hack to fix the issue
for the short term.

--
Matthieu Herrb