[ANNOUNCE] xorg-server 1.4.0.90

S.Çağlar Onur caglar at pardus.org.tr
Fri Dec 14 10:31:01 PST 2007

Hi,

12 Ara 2007 Çar tarihinde, Daniel Stone şunları yazmıştı:
> A quick pre-release so distros can start shipping something before 1.4.1
> comes out, whenever that is.

I have been trying to get Xorg input hotplugging to work on my laptop with
this release and also trying to understand concepts :).

I removed all input releated sections from xorg.conf and start to use
following fdi file for getting "trq" layout instead of "us" one.

# cat /etc/hal/fdi/policy/10-input.fdi

<deviceinfo version="0.2">
  <device>
    <match key="info.capabilities" contains="input.keyboard">
       <merge key="input.xkb.rules" type="string">xorg</merge>
       <merge key="input.xkb.model" type="string">pc104</merge>
       <merge key="input.xkb.layout" type="string">trq</merge>
    </match>
  </device>
</deviceinfo>

# lshal | grep xk
  input.xkb.layout = 'trq'  (string)
  input.xkb.model = 'pc104'  (string)
  input.xkb.rules = 'xorg'  (string)

But i found some of my key mappings are wrong (xev reports Home maps Pause,
Alt GR behaves like KP_Enter, Up Arrow maps Print etc.) with or without that
fdi file.

Could anybody tell me what may wrong, how can i find what causes this problem
or how can i solve that issue (if needed Xorg.log can be found at
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/Xorg.0.log) ?

Cheers
--
S.Çağlar Onur <caglar at pardus.org.tr>
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!