XACE-SELINUX branch ready for merge

Eamon Walsh ewalsh at tycho.nsa.gov
Thu Dec 13 19:06:15 PST 2007

Eamon Walsh wrote:
> The XACE-SELINUX branch contains a rework of the devPrivates system used
> to store private data, a new version of the XACE (X Access Control
> Extension) security hook framework, a protocol name registry, a reworked
> XC-SECURITY extension (disabled by default), and an under-development
> SELinux extension (also disabled by default).
>
> I've been running GNOME on it without any issues, all the major drivers
> compile against it and I've tested with vesa and intel (and continue to
> rebuild and test).  I've put up the complete patchset with some basic
> annotations at
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~ewalsh/xace_selinux_merge_patch/
>
> The total damage from the patch is 398 files changed, 7785
> insertions(+), 7604 deletions(-).  I think it's about ready to land on
> master; I have been working on the branch for 18 months and will
> continue working in master.
>
> Comments?

I merged it.  Time to recompile everything!  Please notify me of any
issues right away.

Peter (and other branch developers): if you need help resolving
conflicts when syncing up with master, point me to your branch head and
I will help out.

--
Eamon Walsh <ewalsh at tycho.nsa.gov>
National Security Agency