Resolution problem with i810

Rafael Mejías rafaelmejiasc at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 12:27:55 PST 2007

Felix Miata said:
> Here's a suggestion I forgot, maybe because your xorg and/or driver version
> might not be new enough for it to be valid. In Section "Monitor" try adding:
>         Option "PreferredMode" "1024x768"

I just tried that and gdm did not work. The log said that
"PreferredMode" is not a valid keyword in this section. Old driver I
guess...

And Ben Hard said:
> Did you try with a default depth of 16?

That didn't do much except for the lower color depth, of course. Still
at 800x600.

What else? :-(

I really need to improve my resolution since I work with graphics
design and this screen is too small... even for Inkscape...