Problems using 1920x1080 on a 965 with the Intel driver

Simon Farnsworth simon.farnsworth at onelan.co.uk
Thu Dec 13 07:10:25 PST 2007

Hello,

We're trying to drive a Samsung LE40M87BDX/XEU 1080p LCD TV with an
Intel 965Q and the xf86-video-intel driver, on Fedora 8.

We've previously managed to make a 945 chip drive this display at 1080p,
 using the i810 driver (version 1.6.0). Switching one of these machines
to the intel driver (either git HEAD, or 2.1.1 as shipped with Fedora),
or using the 965, causes the display to be unable to lock to the image.

I've attached a log from the 965 (doesn't work, but is using a newer
X.org and the intel driver), and from the working 945 (using an old
X.org and the i810 driver), together with the EDID data from the
display. Any clues would be welcome; I'm obviously happy to try anything
people can suggest that might solve this problem.
--
Simon Farnsworth