Status of EXA with intel-2.2.0

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Wed Dec 12 09:26:18 PST 2007

On Wednesday, December 12, 2007 7:23 am Regina Anger wrote:
> How well does EXA work with the latest intel-2.2.0 driver? Has anybody done
> some benchmarking? Has the synchronous request problem Carl Worth reported
> already been fixed in this release?
>
> I ask because if it works well I tend to upgrade my system (my xorg
> installation is too old to run the driver), otherwise I'll wait again.

Well it depends on what you're doing...  We moved to EXA by default because
XAA doesn't support (and never will) several features that the driver
provides, like a tiled front buffer, framebuffer compression, Xv, and others.
However, in certain configurations you may see slowness due to the way Render
acceleration is implemented; we're working toward a fix now, but in the
meantime you can use the "ExaNoComposite" option if you see slowness.

Jesse