Updating the wiki and other issues

reed at reedmedia.net reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Dec 11 14:03:50 PST 2007

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007, Jon Grosshart wrote:

> For instance, xf86-video-wsfb... What's up with this guy? It's listed as a
> part of 7.2 on the wiki but is no where to be found in
> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/X11R7.2/src/driver/ . It's not even in
> everything/. So either someone forgot to upload it to the driver/ directory
> or the wiki is wrong. It is in individual/ but that doesn't do anyone any
> good. I'm seeing MANY discrepancies like this and want to fix them. I have
> no control over mistakes on the download server but can fix the wiki.

I last made a release of it over a year ago. I don't think it had a
release since.

What is the procedure for getting it added to
http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/X11R7.2/src/driver/ ?

I have seen other tarballs missing too and heard a few times that the
end-user is supposed to hunt in previous download locations for them. I'd
prefer to see everything available in one place (but maybe that is the
plan now).