Looking for XRender examples

Helge Bahmann hcb at chaoticmind.net
Sun Dec 9 04:46:47 PST 2007

> On 06/12/2007, Clemens Eisserer <linuxhippy at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I have several sample programs and quite a bit of documentation about
> > > Xrender, its model and how to use it written up for my students (mostly
> > > in german though); if you are interested I can collect and tidy them up
> > > (when I asked last time on this mailing list there was zero interest
> > > apparently)
> >
> > That would be exactly what I was seraching for, perfect. By the way I
> > am from Austria so german documentation would be awesome :)
>
> This seems the kind of content that could (should even, if the author
> agrees) be put on the wiki, even if in german, someone else could then
> translate it.

okay I have uploaded most of the slides, documentation and sample programs to:

	http://www.chaoticmind.net/~hcb/xrender/

it does not completely cover XRender, but it may be a good starting point.
Since there appears to be some interest I would volunteer to translate the
material and maybe turn it into a more fleshed-out tutorial, so if you have
comments or would like to help me please write me.

Where would you ideally have me put it? (wiki?) Otherwise I will host it
myself until a better place is found...

Best regards
Helge