Window initial position

Itamar Axelrod itamar.axelrod.work at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 14:39:27 PST 2007

Hi all,

I had noticed very strange behaviour while trying to get the x,y coor. of a
created window.
I use the standard XCreateSimpleWindow(...) library call to create my window
- right after I create it - I "Map" it using XMapWindow().
Now, all I want is to query the created window's initial x,y coor. - and for
this I use XTranslateCoordinates(). For some reason sometimes the x,y coor.
I receive differ from the window's actual position.

Also, after creating the window and querying its initial location I
subscirbe to its events - I had noticed that sometimes the window receives a
non-interactive initial move event (which I don't always catch) - that
changes its original initial location.

How can I be sure the coor. I receive are the correct ones?

Please help.
Thanks in advance.