intel 965GM 3D problems

Russell Sears sears at cs.berkeley.edu
Fri Dec 7 11:14:22 PST 2007

I'm running ubuntu gutsy with an intel 965gm (Lenovo x61 tablet), but
with the newer intel video drivers from hardy (2:2.2.0-1ubuntu1).  I
haven't tested it heavily, but pymol doesn't seem to crash X on my
system.  Instead, if you move the window, pymol's rendering window (the
3d one) is no longer updated.  The menus are still responsive.

Pymol says this on the command line:

  OpenGL graphics engine:
   GL_VENDOR: Tungsten Graphics, Inc
   GL_RENDERER: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 965GM 4.1.3002
   GL_VERSION: 1.5 Mesa 7.0.2
  Detected 2 CPUs.  Enabled multithreaded rendering.
  PyMOL: normal program termination.

-Rusty