xf86-video-ati: AMD64 RV350 tv-out

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 22:58:11 PST 2007

On Dec 6, 2007 12:44 PM, tommy watson <twxorg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>   I am also having an issue with an amd64 system, the tv-out works fine on
> my system until I play a video in mythtv, at that point a blue rectangle
> appears on the screen the size of the video.
>
>  I am running gentoo x11-base/xorg- server-1.3.0.0-r2 and
> x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati-6.7.196 or x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati-9999 (git
> from yesterday)
>
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV350 AP [Radeon
> 9600] (prog-if 00 [VGA])
>
> Is this a known issue? Is there anything I can do to help test/fix this?

The video overlay only works on one crtc at a time.  In dualhead
configurations, the overlay will follow the window.  In clone mode you
have to pick which crtc you want to use the overlay with.  use a tool
like xvattr to switch the crtc used by the overlay.  Possible values:
-1 auto, 0 crtc0, 1, crtc1.

xvattr -a XV_CRTC -v 1

Alex