Slow xterm response

James Cloos cloos+pdx-xorg at jhcloos.com
Wed Dec 5 18:26:47 PST 2007

>>>>> "Bill" == Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org> writes:

Bill> There's dpms which disables the display but
Bill> there's also the standard screen blanking that happens at 10 minutes.
Bill> I just assumed that was X clearing the screen (the LCD backlight is
Bill> still on).

Woops.  Looks like I got that part backwards!

Bill> That's when the latency starts.  Then if I force the display off after
Bill> the screen is blanked  the latency goes away.

OK.  I must've read the first post too quickly.

That said:

Bill> /proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/performance: No such file or directory

What is under /sys/devices/system/cpu/?  There might be useful info
there, too.

Bill> I see no change in vmstat when the latency starts.

Bill> Well, maybe a little.

That listing shows about an extra hundred or so INTs per second.

Periodic cat(1)s of /proc/interupts will show what is generating those
extras.

-JimC