Slow xterm response

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Wed Dec 5 11:22:04 PST 2007

Does it happen when the laptop is plugged in?  If not, it
could be a power-management thing throttling your laptop
down.  In any case, try turning all your ACPI power management
stuff off and see if the problem persists.

Do you have some intense screen saver running, or does the
screen really "go blank"?  (Had to ask.)

Does it happen with a terminal other than xterm?  Don't know
what the answer would mean, but it would be useful
information, and in any case if the answer is no you've got
a workaround.

What chipset does your laptop have?

	Bart