G35/33 X3500/3100 HDMI

Zhenyu Wang zhenyu.z.wang at intel.com
Tue Dec 4 21:11:08 PST 2007

On 2007.12.05 15:03:36 +0000, Torgeir Veimo wrote:

> The 945 has iDCT right, while the 915 has only MC?

Correct, 945G can support mpeg2 VLD level decoding.

> Will you support iDCT in the driver as well?

It depends on time and resource, and spec for i945 VLD
is also limited. I would put this later.

> Also, is there any plans to bring DXVA style acceleration to X11 as an
> extension? It would be usefull for H.264.

No plan yet, but current work on i915 and i965 is aimed to be easily
ported to other framework as needed. We're considering H.264 support
within XvMC or not, my draft proposal change to XvMC is on
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~zhen/videoproto/log/?h=h264