r300, amd64, svideo

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 00:10:00 PST 2007

On Dec 2, 2007 11:53 PM, Daniel Kasak <dan at entropy.homelinux.org> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Should tv-out via the svideo connector work on amd64 systems? I've got a
> Radeon X700 Mobility chip.

I don't know that anyone has tested an x700.  It should work... in theory.

> I did some testing over the weekend. I tried pretty much all the
> suggestions I found in the mailing list by searching for 'tv', including
> the obvious:
>
> xrandr --output S-video --auto
>  ... or:
> xrandr --output S-video --mode 800x600
>
>  ... then:
> xrandr --output S-video --mode 800x600
>
> Nothing happens :(

You'll need to add the mode to the output as well:
xrandr --addmode S-video 800x600
xrandr --output S-video --mode 800x600

> xrandr -v --query says that I have an SVideo port, but it *always* says
> it's disconnected.
>
> I've also tried booting with the SVideo cable connected ( used to work
> on an older radeon ).

You might try the most recent ati git master with Option
"TVDACLoadDetect" "true" in your config.  You can also force tv-out to
always be detected as connected with Option "ForceTVOut" "true".

Alex