Xorg Input Hotplugging

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Dec 3 10:15:21 PST 2007

Le lundi 03 décembre 2007 à 19:59 +0200, Daniel Stone a écrit :
> On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 06:53:26PM +0100, ext Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > Le lundi 03 décembre 2007 à 19:37 +0200, Daniel Stone a écrit :
> > >         <merge key="input.xkb.layout" type="string">gb,ru</merge>
> > >         <merge key="input.xkb.variant" type="string">,winkeys</merge>
> >
> > Is the , before winkeys needed?
>
> Yes, otherwise you'll have gb(winkeys) and ru; not gb and ru(winkeys).

That is seriously broken and user-unfriendly XML :(. Has it been written
by gconf developers? Is it not possible to do something more intuitive
like

<merge sys="input.xkb"/>
   <layout value="gb"/>
   <layout value="ru">
      <variant value="winkeys"/>
   </layout>
</merge>

ie something that actually uses XML hierachical nature to describe
hierarchies? I mean what's the point of inflicting tags on users if
they're not even used to tokenise properties properly.

--
Nicolas Mailhot