RandR module version, cant get V1.2

Ford Prefect geopal at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 3 01:01:37 PST 2007

> And now comes the question, randr is stiff-necked in reporting an older version:
>
> xrandr -v --verbose
>
> Server reports RandR version 1.1

I have found out under what circumstances the server does this: it happens when XGL is enabled. De-activating XGL leads to

xrandr -v

Server reports RandR version 1.2

... and I can use all the fancy features V1.2 offers over V1.1.

This is good news, but still a little bit unsatisfying. I know now HOW to use a work-around, but still don't know WHY exactly this happens. Any ideas from you guys?