GLX software indirect rendering broken when used by more than one client

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Aug 29 00:45:01 PDT 2007

Debugging a kernel scheduling issue, I tried running two glxgears at
once without dri (option "NoDRI") and the X server neatly crashed on me.

in xm_dd.c:xmesa_update_state, ctx->DrawBuffer is NULL for the second
GLX client. That certainly doesn't sound right.

I probably won't get back to looking at this for several days, so anyone
should feel free to try and find the cause of this problem; it should be
possible to use git-bisect to locate the patch causing the problem, but
I have no idea how far back to start looking.

keith.packard at intel.com