ati xrandr: cannot find crtc for output DVI-0

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 06:06:29 PDT 2007

On 8/28/07, Jan Dittmer <jdi at l4x.org> wrote:
> Alex Deucher wrote:

> >> After some grepping and patching:
> >>
> >> $ sudo ./radeontool regmatch DISP2_MERGE_CNTL
> >> DISP2_MERGE_CNTL (0d68) 0x00000000
> >> $ sudo ./radeontool regmatch DISP_MERGE_CNTL
> >> DISP_MERGE_CNTL (0d60)  0xffff0000
> >
> > hmmm... those look fine.  does the problem persist at depth 16?
>
> Yes. I've the following in my xorg.conf now. If I understand
> the xorg.conf man page correctly this should disable Svideo
> on X start? Well, it does not work as expected. Also, when
> I enable the two Monitor lines below, the primary output switches
> to the DVI output and the color problems are _much_ worse. Perhaps
> this helps?

Can you try updating to the latest driver bits?  I'm not sure about
the color/brightness yet, but the tv-load detection has been
re-worked.  Do you have any color management or gamma correction
packages installed that automatically run at start up?  do you still
get the brightness if you star up a bare X server?

> Also, I think if you get valid ddc information from the DVI
> connector you can safely disable S-video by default (if not
> specified otherwise in the config).
> Is the Virtual line still necessary with the current driver?

I've adjusted the default desktop size based on vram, but you may want
to adjust it manually depending on your set up.  It will print in the
log what size it is using.  We won't have dynamic resizing until the
drm memory manager bits land.

Alex