Output problem with intel driver with hardware 0x8086, 0x2a02, 0x1028, 0x0209

Adam Williamson awilliamson at mandriva.com
Sat Aug 25 00:48:53 PDT 2007

Hi, all. Had a report of corrupted output with the 'intel' driver
(probably version 2.1.0, I think, as the reporter was testing with
Mandriva Linux 2008 Beta 1, which didn't quite get 2.1.1) on this
specific adapter. Here is the reporter's description:

---

install puts vesa driver for this but i810 works just fine
the default screen resolution is 1280x800 but to make it work the
xorg.conf
fail need some tweeking. Someway kde finds two screens (I gess one is
TV) so
to fix this I had to add these lines to xorg.conf:

New section:
Section "Monitor"
  Identifier  "TVOutput"
  Option      "Ignore" "true"
EndSection

and in device section:
Option      "monitor-TV" "TVOutput"

---

When pressed for more information:

---

"Well it's not an error, I see two desctop layouts one is 1280x800 but
the
kicker is aligned to 1024x768. I can move cursor beyond the 1024x768."

---

Is this enough information? Should I ask for a screenshot and
Xorg.0.log?
--
adamw